Thursday, June 17, 2021

June 18th: Friday





Summer Blooms

Art Exhibit at Local Museum

Impressionist Painting at local Museum SAMA

CF Ray Quilt in Progress Stay Tune

More Impressionist......

And Modern Day Impressionism


Went to the local SAMA museum to checkout their impressionist painting exhibit

I was really inspired by the colors, the gloss and the amount of paint and brushstrokes on canvas
Also, comparing one painter with another and how they interpreted almost the same landscape

Decided to walk around and saw people enjoying themselves....after covid
and the flowers in bloom

And I am working on the CF ray quilt
Can hardly wait to put the batting and begin hand quilting it
and moving on to the next project
I actually cut out some pieces to a small storage bag and working with plastic for the first
time...will take photos of that project in order to continue with my
journal
Reading and reading....reading RBG one of the biographies on her plus her
little penguin dissents book, which is a series

I started on a Alexander Hamilton biography as well
watched a dvd on Mrs. Lowry and Son
I may have been the last person to watch this film
I really enjoyed it...except for the abuse poor L.S. Lowry had to endure
Lowry really loved painting...his story inspires me
It is very hot..over a 100 degrees...I look out the window and remember
the snow that was there only four months ago
Things really change rapidly


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment.